Recruitment 101: Lesson #2


Recruitment 101

Lesson 2:


Never take it for granted that application emails contains resumes. It may contain something else... a 439-page documentation developed for a school assignment, for example


Or, it may contain something more interesting. Like, blood-test results.


*~*~*

Often, I wonder what is going through the mind of job-seekers when they select documents to be attached in an application email.

I'm comforted by the fact that 98% of the emails I received from job-seekers do contain the relevant attachments, such as cover letter, passport-size photos, resumes/CVs, transcripts, etc...

The remaining 2% however, contains the weirdest attachments I've seen. More recently, I came across one who attached a 439 page documentation for a programming language. This attachment was accompanied by another 120 page documentation for goodness-knows-what, resulting in the application email to be a whopping 17MB, of which 69KB was relevant - his resume.

At least Mr 439-Page-Documentation submitted his resume. Just the other day, I received an application email with only one document - blood test result.

Well, Mr Blood-Test-Results, I am happy you were tested negative for Hepatitis A, B or C. But I still have no idea how your blood test is able to justify you were suitable for an IT Engineer role.






Signing off,
Adeline
From the Desk of a Recruiter

Copyright © 2009 From the Desk of a Recruiter All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.